Himachal Pradesh (H.P.) COMBINED PRE-MEDICAL ENTRANCE TEST (CMPET) -2010
An objective type (MCQ) Combined Pre-Medical Entrance Test (HP-CPMET-2010) for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in Govt. Medical/Dental Colleges including Private unaided Dental Colleges( State/Management Quota Seats)in Himachal Pradesh for the academic session 2010-11 will be held on May 27, 2010(Thursday) at Shimla, Mandi, Dharamshala and Hamirpur Examination Centres for which the applications on the prescribed form from the eligible candidates are invited as available in the prospectus.
LAST DATE: Last date for receipt of application forms complete in all respects either by hand or by Registered/Speed-Post in the office of the Deputy Registrar(Entrance Tests), H.P. University, Shimla-5, is 30.4.2010 upto 5.00 P.M. whereafter no application shall be accepted. The NRI candidates shall send their applications complete in all respects direct to the Principal(s) of the concerned college(s) latest by 31.5.2010.
1. For State Quota Seats in Govt.Medical/Dental Colleges and 50% seats in Private un- aided Dental Colleges:
(i) Children of Bonafide Himachali/Himachal Govt. Employees and Employees of Autonomous Bodies wholly or partially financed by the Himachal Pradesh Govt. and who have passed atleast two examinations out of four i.e. Middle, Matric, +1 & +2 or its equivalent from the recognized School(s)/College(s) situated in the State of Himachal Pradesh only are eligible to apply for this test. However, Children of Defence Personnel/Ex-Servicemen/Employees of Central Govt. including U.T./Other State Govts. /Employees of Autonomous Organisations/Semi-Govt. Bodies of Central Govt. and other State Govts. or Children of Himachal Govt. Employees/Employees of wholly owned H.P. Govt. Undertakings/Autonomous Bodies who are Bonafide Himachali and living outside the State of H.P. on account of their service are exempted from the condition of passing two examinations from the School(s) situated in the State of H.P. are also eligible for this test.
(ii) The Bonafide Himachali students who are admitted to Navodaya School(s) situated in Himachal, but passed Matric or +2 examination under the exchange programme from other Navodaya School(s) in the country are also eligible to apply for this test.
2. For Management Quota Seats( only in Private Un-aided Dental Colleges): Under this quota, there will be no domicile and schooling conditions, both Himachali and non- Himachali interested candidates can compete in the entrance test subject to fulfillment of minimum educational qualification and age as given hereunder..
3. For Children of J&K Migrants: Who possess the minimum qualifying educational qualification and age as given can also compete in this test against the seats reserved for them.
4. For Children of Tibetan Refugees: Who possess the minimum qualifying educational qualification and age as given and duly sponsored by the Tibetan Govt. in Exile can also compete in this test against the seats reserved for them.
5. For NRI Candidates: Who are residing abroad and have passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) from abroad and possess the minimum educational qualification and age as given can also apply on the prescribed application form available in the prospectus direct to the Principal(s) of the concerned Medical/Dental College(s). They are not required to take the entrance test.
AGE & EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:
(a) Age: The candidate should have already completed or should complete the age of 17 years and must not have completed 25 years of age on 31st December, 2010.
(ii) Educational Qualifications: The candidate should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examinations of a University/Board by law in India with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects which shall include a practical test with 50% marks (40% marks for SC/ST/OBC) provided that the candidate has qualified the subject of English as an elective subject in the above examination. Note: The candidates who have appeared in 10+2 or its equivalent examination and whose results have not been declared can also apply for this test, but the admission will be subject to passing of the said examination with the required percentage at the time of Ist round of counseling.
PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING THE PROSPECTUS;
(i) At University Counter: For prescribed application form and detailed information etc., the prospectus can be obtained at the University Exam Enquiry-cum-Sale Counter, Library Building(Basement), Summer Hill, Shimla- 5 from 5.4.2010 to 30.4.2010 during the working days on cash payment of Rs.1150/-for General & other categories, Rs.650/- for SC/ST categories only and US Dollars 40 or equivalent in Rupees for NRI candidates.
(ii) By Post: The requests for supply of the prospectus by post can only be addressed to the Deputy Registrar(Entrance Tests), H.P.University, Summer Hill, Shimla-171 005, accompanied by crossed IPOs/Bank Draft amounting to Rs.1200/- in case of General & other categories, Rs.700/- for SC/ST categories only and US Dollars 50 or equivalent in Rupees for NRIs, drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, H.P.University, Shimla. No request for sending the said prospectus by post will be entertained after 20.4.2010. While applying for supply of prospectus by post, the candidate must write the “HP-CPMET-2010 Prospectus is required” and also mention his/her complete mailing address in capital letters along with telephone number.
Note: It will be the entire responsibility of the candidate(s) to procure the prospectus well in time and submit the application form complete in all respects within the stipulated date. The University will not be responsible for any postal delay for non-receipt or in case of mis-placement or loss of prospectus in transit. All disputes are subject to legal jurisdiction of courts in Shimla only.