TEACHERS RECRUITMENT BOARD (TRB)
EVK Sampath Maaligai, DPI Compound, College Road, Chennai 600006
Direct Recruitment of Assistant Professors in Tamil Nadu Collegiate Educational Service-2010
Applications are invited from the suitable candidates for the 1024 posts of Assistant Professors in the Tamil Nadu Collegiate Educational Services to serve in Govt. Arts & Science Colleges sanctioned by the Government of Tamil Nadu in Govt. letter No. 23846/F2/2009-1, Hr. Edn. Dept, dt. 04.01.2010. Vacancies: The estimated Vacancies (including backlog) for the post of Assistant Professors to be recruited are as follows:
Total Posts 1024
* Tamil -112, English-80, Mathematics-81, Physics-56, Physics And Computing-4, Chemistry-60, Botany-31, Plant Biology & Biotechnology-4, Zoology-31, Wild Life Biology-4, Aquaculture-4, History-64, History And Tourism-4, Tourism-8, Indian Culture-4, Economics-39, Commerce-114, Commerce (Computer application)-24, Commerce (E.Commerce)-4, Commerce (International Business)-8, Commerce (Co-Operation)-8, Geography-14, Statistics-17, Geology-1, Visual Communications-8, Costume, Design And Fashion-4, Public Administration-11, Computer Science-90, Computer Technology-4, Computer Application-31, Bio-Chemistry – 14, Microbiology – 12, Telugu – 1, Business Administration- 64, Business Management- 4, Electronics And Communication-4
* The Scale of Pay of the post: Rs. 15,600 – 39,100 + AGP 6,000
* Educational Qualifications: (a) All candidates other than SC/ST: Pass in Post-graduate Degree in the relevant subject with a minimum of 55 % marks and a pass in the UGC/CSIR/JRF/NET/SLET/SLST in the relevant subject. (or) Pass in Post graduate Degree in the relevant subject with a minimum of 55% marks and Ph.D. in the relevant subject. (b) For SC/ST candidates and all Physically handicapped candidates: Pass in Post-graduate Degree in the relevant subject with a minimum of 50 % marks and a pass in the UGC/CSIR/JRF/NET/SLET/SLST in the relevant subject. (or) Pass in Post graduate Degree in the relevant subject with a minimum of 50% marks and Ph.D. in the relevant subject.
* Age: Candidates should not have completed 57 years as on 01.3.2010 since the age of superannuation is 58.
* Sale of Application forms by the Colleges 7.4.2010
* Last date for sale of Application forms 21.4.2010
* Last date for submission of filled-in Applications 23.4.2010
Belated and incomplete Applications will not be entertained at any cost and liable to be summarily rejected.
How to apply: All the candidates should apply in the prescribed (ICR) INTELLIGENT CHARACTER RECOGNITION Application Forms of Teachers Recruitment Board to be obtained from 12.4.2010 at any one of the Offices of the Colleges mentioned in the Annexure-I on payment of Rs.300/- (Rupees three hundred only) and candidates of SC/ST and Handicaped Persons of all communities (Blind, Deaf, Ortho) on payment of Rs.150/- (Rupees One hundred and Fifty only) by Demand Draft obtained from any one of the branches of State Bank of India, Indian Bank and Indian Overseas Bank. The demand draft should be drawn in favour of “The Chairman, Teachers Recruitment Board, Chennai-6”